· High school diploma or equivalent required. College education or technical coursework desired.
· Three years of successful experience as a secretary. Four years school/school district secretarial experience desired. Or, combination of education and experience deemed acceptable by the Superintendent of Schools and the Board of Trustees.
· Ability to work independently and as an integral member of a team.
· Ability to work on multiple projects at one time while ensuring the quality of each.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, chart, or spreadsheet form.
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills, including appropriate English usage, grammar and punctuation, spelling, editing, and proofreading techniques.
· Possess technical skills necessary in the efficient use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, Internet, and presentation software.
· Possess creative and technical skills necessary to design materials used to communicate to diverse audiences.
· Possess language skills necessary to read, analyze, interpret district information, and generate reader friendly reports.
· Possess math skills necessary to calculate spreadsheet formulas, calculate percentages, and generate charts and graphs from collected student achievement data.