EFFECTIVE DATE: August 6, 2012
DESCRIPTION: This position works from 195-205 days.
- High School diploma required (minimum).
- Typing skills minimum 60 words per minute preferred.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, and a willingness to be trained in other programs, if needed.
- Is certified or willing to become certified in basic first aid and CPR.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and fundamental mathematics skills essential.
- Basic understanding of accounting procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding students and staff.
- Must be neat and well groomed.
- Must be dependable and have excellent attendance.
- Is able to get along well with a wide variety of people and work as a team player.
- Must have desire to work with high school aged children and their parents.
- Is able to be self-directive in organizing and accomplishing office work priorities.
- Is tactful, pleasant, professional, and courteous at all times.
- Exhibits emotional stability and physical stamina necessary for meeting the requirements of the position.
- Performs usual office routines.
- Maintains students' records (absences, discipline)
- Dispenses medicine to students as directed.
- Receives incoming calls, takes accurate messages, and makes phone calls to parents (regarding appointments and reminders).
- Assists teachers in preparing instructional materials as requested.
- Types administrative correspondence as deemed necessary by the principal's secretary.
- Greets parents and visitors to building.
- In the absence of the principal and the principal's secretary, is capable of handling situations that arise in a calm and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Per the DESA Master Agreement, Level 3
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Dean of Students
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online at http://www.davisonschools.org
The District reserves the right to select the person it believes will be the most successful in this position and will be the greatest benefit to the school(s).
It is the policy of the Davison Community School DIstrict that no person shall, on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, age or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination, in employment of any of its programs or activities.