VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking an individual to fill a full-time Kindergarten teaching position effective August 20, 2012 for the 2012/2013 school year.
JOB SUMMARY: The teacher is responsible to the Building Principal for planning instructional lessons that meet the needs, interests and abilities of students; creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning; and employing effective instructional techniques.
- Applicants must hold the appropriate State of Illinois Teaching Certificate (Type 03 or Type 04)
- Successful teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated skill in diagnosing, prescribing, assessing student learning and appropriate record keeping
- Applicants must possess effective behavior management skills
- Applicants must be able to structure a classrom to maximize student learning
- Applicants must be able to establish effective communication skills with a variety of stakeholders
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work year for this position is 185 days. Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule. The District offers excellent fringe benefits including life, health and dental insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply online at http://www.vvsd.org/ and upload a letter of application with a resume and three reference letters to Human Resources, Valley View CUSD 365U, 755 Dalhart Ave., Romeoville, Illinois 60446.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The deadline for receiving applications is Open Until Filled. Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY