Building Custodian I
Available: July 2012
- Performs custodial maintenance and cleaning within the school building.
- Performs semi-skilled work in cleaning and maintenance of school buildings.
- Performs work necessary to maintain the building and grounds in an acceptable condition
- Cleans light fixtures, windows, walls, furniture and blinds
- Utilizes various equipment for scrubbing, buffing and waxing floors
- Cleans, disinfects, and restocks assigned restrooms
- Prepares for and cleans up after events scheduled in the school building during the day and/or at night
- Operates carpet cleaning and maintenance equipment
- Moves furniture and equipment within the building as required for various activities as directed by head custodian or principal
- Maintains appearance of grounds, including shrubs, grass, parking areas and drives
Responds to staff requests/concerns in a timely manner
Performs minor repairs as may be required
Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
Knowledge of cleaning methods, supplies, and appropriate use of supplies and equipment
Ability to operate various equipment used for cleaning floors and carpets
Must be able to understand and follow directions both written and verbal
- Typically requires climbing ladders; pushing and/or pulling
- Must have sufficient strength and manual dexterity to operate equipment used to clean floors and carpets
- Must be able to lift, push, and or pull in excess of 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand, crouch, and climb to use ladders and perform various types of manual labor
- Minimum of 2 years custodial experience required
Step placement credit may be granted for up to a maximum of 7 years (Step 8) of prior verifiable experience. Salary placement with Fulton County Schools is non-negotiable. Actual salary placement will be based on Fulton County Board of Education experience calculations from the Non-Teaching Salary Schedule A-235, Professional Scale, Step 1 - Step 8.
It is the policy of the Fulton County School System not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity, or service. If you wish to make a complaint or request accommodation or modification due to discrimination in any program, activity, or service, contact Compliance Coordinator Ron Wade, 786 Cleveland Avenue, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30315, or phone 404-763-4585. TTY 1-800-255-0135.