1. Excellent communication skills, ability to work with students, faculty, and the general public in a friendly, diplomatic, and efficient manner. Answer the phone, direct and assist callers.
2. General knowledge of office practices and procedures
3. Ability to edit routine correspondence for spelling and grammar
4. Knowledge of and ability to operate standard office machines and equipment.
5. Computer experience; basic knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
6. High school diploma and minimum one year secretarial experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To perform general secretarial duties for the building principal; to serve in a public relations role for the District by greeting and assisting visitors; to create and maintain student records
1. Prepares a variety of correspondence, purchase orders, and reports including confidential data from computer, handwritten notes, or verbally dictated notes
2. Answers and screens incoming telephone calls; determines the purpose of the call and provides information directly or refers calls to proper person or office; has familiarity with District policies/procedures and contacts within the school system.
3. Greets visitors, students, teachers and administrators; assesses the natures of the visit; assists visitors directly or directs them to appropriate person
4. Sets up and maintains various filing systems such as: attendance records for students and staff, purchase orders, substitute teacher records, credit recovery, enrollment records, policies and procedures
5. Assists in coordination of after school Credit Recovery and imputing Credit Recovery grades into SIS
6. Manage NovaNet program for Finley River School and Credit Recovery Program
7. Enrollment and withdrawal of students
8. Preparing and printing of grade cards
9. Sorts and distributes mail
10. Prepare deposits of monies that are collected at Finley River School
11. Assist in the coordination of Finley River School events.
12. Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies for the building
13. Receives, transcribes, and delivers messages to students and staff
14. Performs other duties as directed by building principal
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Long periods of sitting, extensive typing
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 200 days as per School Board Policy GDBDA
TYPE OF POSITION: Nonexempt
EVALUATION: Evaluated annually by Building Principal
APPROVED BY SCHOOL BOARD: March 24, 2011