Supervisor of Aquatics - 40 Hours/Week; 48 Weeks/Year
Oversee the development and implementation of a District-wide aquatics program. Maintain the day to day operations of the pool area while providing a safe, clean and positive environment. Oversee all aquatics programming including progressive swim lessons, the synchronized swim cadet program, a community aquatics program, the club youth swim teams and all pool scheduling.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ensure policies and practices are in place to create a safe pool environment.
2. Hire, train and supervise staff for necessary programs.
3. Develop and maintain effective working relationships within the community including the Cleveland
Heights Recreation Center.
4. Ensure high quality child-focused programs through innovative program development and ongoing
training of staff.
5. Support and contribute to special events and activities as needed.
6. Oversee the swim cadet program (synchronized swim team) and youth club swim teams.
7. Implement a “Learn to Swim” program for elementary school children within the District.
8. Cooperatively work with the Athletic Director to schedule the pool for varsity swim team practices
9. Promote and market the aquatics programs to build participation numbers within all aquatics
10. Manage the aquatics department within budgetary guidelines.
11. Assist the custodial staff in the daily inspection of the pool area and balancing of pool chemicals to
meet mandated standards.
12. Follow all District policies and procedures.
13. Other duties as assigned.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid certification
- Current Red Cross CPR/AED certification
- Current Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification
NSPF Certified Pool Operator (CPO)
- Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of swim instructor experience
- Minimum 3-5 years lifeguarding experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory/management experience
- History of leadership in areas of staff development, program development, budget management and operational procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent computer skills
- Proven ability to display initiative, good judgement and ability to make decisions independently