Expectations of Coaches:
The Varsity Coach serves as the leader of the program assisting each participating student in achieving a high level of skill, an appreciation for the value of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem and a high level of academic achievement. We are seeking a highly qualified coach who can motivate students to succeed in school and on the court, as well as preparing students for success after high school.
CERTIFICATION: Ohio Secondary Teaching Certificate preferred.
TRAINING: Successful participation in a similar activity in high school and or college. Evidence of successful past experience at the field of high school or college level is desired.
**Provide a satisfactory result on a county police records check and a State BCI fingerprint check. Possess an Ohio Department of Education Pupil Activity Supervisor Permit and provide proof of current C.P.R. certification.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
Ability to motivate and inspire others.
Ability to serve as a positive role model.
Demonstrated knowledge of sport strategy.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to communicate effectively with players, parents, community members, faculty and the media.
Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
1) SELECTS team members.
2) TEACHES sports skills and PROMOTES positive attitudes towards athletic competition, sportsmanship, citizenship and academic excellence.
3) ASSISTS the athletic director in coordinating all facets of the program.
4) ASSISTS in the selection, counseling and appraisal of assistant coaches.
5) ASSUMES responsibility for the medical welfare, including insurance coverage, of team members while under his/her supervision.
6) ASSIGNS in coordination with the athletic director, auxiliary personnel as needed including managers, trainers, scouts, physicians, statisticians, etc.
7) CONDUCTS periodic coaches’ meetings.
8) MAINTAINS equipment in proper state of repair and requisitions new equipment as needed.
9) VERIFIES eligibility of all team members and MAINTAINS accurate and complete records of all game participants.
10) REPRESENTS the school in all public relations pertaining to the program.
11) PLANS and COORDINATES all practice sessions.
12) IDENTIFIES team members eligible for awards and special recognition; ASSISTS and ADVISES students in the pursuit of scholarships for higher education.
13) ABIDES by and is knowledgeable of policies and procedures, rules and regulations, written and implied of the Cincinnati Board of Education and the Ohio High School Athletic Association.
14) DEVELOPS programs to frequently monitor student academic progress in school.
15) PROVIDES pre-season conditioning training in compliance with OHSAA rules and regulations.
16) ASSUMES other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned by local school administration.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Supplemental Annual Limited
SALARY: Per Schedule E of current C.F.T. Labor Agreement
Reports To: Principal
Application Procedure: Apply Online
Selection Procedure: Interview