VACANCY: The Valley View Public School District is seeking individuals to fill two Bilingual Education Kindergarten teaching positions effective August 20, 2012 for the 2012/2013 school year.
JOB SUMMARY: The teacher is responsible to the Building Principal for planning instructional lessons that meet the needs, interests and abilities of students in the TBE classroom; creating a classroom environment that is conducive to learning; employing effective instructional techniques; and building positive and cooperative relationships with the parents/guardians of students.
- Illinois Teacher's Certificate (Type 03) or Transitional Bilingual (Type 29)
- Enrolled in courses leading to full certification or willingness to enroll in these courses upon hiring for this position
- Bilingual (Spanish) Certification or Approval (Preferred)
- Bilingual in Spanish & English
- Prior training in ESL methods/techniques or willingness to pursue training in this area
- Previous teaching experience with bilingual/ESL students
- Previous teaching experience in the primary grades
- Ability to organize and structure classes to maximize student learning
- Inclination to be a part of staff development and program improvement activities, both self initiated and building designed
- Ability to work closely with parents, teachers, and supervisors to establish effective communication
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work year for this position is 185 days. Salary is in accordance with the teacher salary schedule. The District offers excellent fringe benefits such as health, dental and life insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants should apply online at www.vvsd.org and upload a letter of application with a resume and three letters of recommendation to Human Resources, Valley View CUSD 365U, 755 Dalhart Ave., Romeoville, Illinois 60446.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: The deadline for receiving applications is Open Until Filled. Interviews with selected applicants will be held as soon as practicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity