Closes: Until Filled
CICS Ellison Campus
Civitas Schools is an educational management
organization, which operates three campuses of Chicago International Charter
School (CICS). We serve approximately 2,100 students in grades
Kindergarten through Grade 12, on three sites: CICS Ralph Ellison High School,
CICS Northtown Academy High School, and CICS Wrightwood Elementary
School. Civitas Schools provides urban students with an outstanding
college preparatory experience rooted in high expectations for student
achievement and civic responsibility.
Civitas Schools creates and sustains learning
communities that value rigorous instruction, relevant curricular design and responsible leadership. Our mission is to create life long learners who
possess 21<sup>st</sup> century intellectual skills, strong belief in self,
cultural competence to be successful in any environment, and a commitment to
making a positive impact within their community.
To support the advancement of this vision,
CIVITAS SCHOOLS and its employees are committed to:
student-centered decisions that drive high quality teaching and learning
Holding high expectations for all members of our learning
communities while providing appropriate levels of support.
Valuing and developing all of our employees by providing
instructional coaching, transparent evaluation, and high quality
Incorporating the voice of teachers and families into the
decision-making and problem solving process.
Staff are expected to demonstrate a
commitment to professionalism, equity, cultural competence, high expectations,
and developmental appropriateness.
Position Title: Office Assistant
Reports to: Office Manager-Campus Director
The main duty of this position is to service as the receptionist and switchboard operator. Serves as Office Support under the supervision of the Office Manager and the campus director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answering phones, greeting and directing visitors, addressing questions from parents and nurturing students.
2. Help manage attendance as needed, maintain student database and attendance records, etc.
3. Provide administrative support for the Office Manager and/or Principal.
4. Maintain school/student records and organize files.
5. Manage confidential information appropriately.
6. Attend to students' medical needs.
7. Attend required meetings.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, of Civitas Schools Charter School mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
9. Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Assists Office Manager. Works closely with all levels within school and home office. Works with children and parents, may work from time to time with outside consultants/vendors. Professional demeanor and dress code at all times is essential.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
2) Experience required:
- Experience in school front office required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
Any additional duties assigned at the discretion of their supervisor.