This position will teach a variety of different age groups from 0 months to 5 years old.
Position will work 15-20 hours per week on variable days of the week. Hours may be a combination of morning, afternoon or evenings.
BA or BS in Early Childhood and licensure in one of the following:
Early Childhood Special Education
Early Childhood Family Education
Parent Educator license also preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate practice.
- Evidence of constructive team approach to working with children.
- Experience in teaching ECFE with children birth to five.
- Evidence of strong skills in differentiation of instruction.
- Willingness to develop skills in the use of technology in curriculum.
- Evidence of successful experiences with inclusion initiatives.
- Evidence of strong student and parent relationships.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
- Prepare for and conduct ECFE classes.
- Conduct group and individual activities using developmentally appropriate practice for children ages birth-age 5.
- Complete daily and weekly set-up of materials related to specific curriculum.
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Maintain records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Tim Alexander, Executive Director of Human Resouces
Tim Litfin, Director of Community Education
Judy Erdahl, ECFE Coordinator
Please upload a letter of interest, resume, 3 letters of professional recommendation, transcripts and Minnesota Teacher license information with your online application.
Current Minnetonka Employees, please fill out the Internal Application form found on the district website under "Employment" then click "Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form" found on the bottom of the page. Current tenured teachers do not need to attach letters of recommendation or transcripts.