- Iowa Teaching License required
- K-6 Teacher Elementary Endorsement required
- Reading and ESL endorsement preferred
- Experience with use of research-based teaching strategies
- Experience with Differentiated Instruction
- Experience with aligning classroom assessment with instruction
- Experience with use of technology to enhance academic performance
- Experience working with diverse cultural population
- Experience working collaboratively with peers
- Experience working with students who have special needs
- Creates classroom culture that supports learning of every student
- Possesses strong classroom management skills
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently walk, stoop, bend, and sit. The noise level in the work environment ranges from mild to loud.
The Sioux City Community School District exists to educate students to believe in their talents and skills, achieve academic excellence and succeed in reaching their potential.
We are proud that more than 58 percent of our teachers and administrators have masters, specialist, or doctorate degrees. We are a progressive organization that is considered a leader in education. Every effort will be made to recruit the most qualified candidates for all position within the District. We recognize that diversity is an asset to be valued and will strive to encourage diversity among our workforce.
Sioux City serves as the regional hub for business, employment, industry, retail trade, medical care, educational opportunities and tourism in Northwest Iowa, Southeast South Dakota, and Northeast Nebraska. More than 140,000 people live in the tri-state metropolitan area. To learn more about our city visit http://www.sioux-city.org/.
Interested applicants must complete an on-line application.