High School diploma
CPR and First Aid Certificates
Valid 5-Year Coaching Connecticut certification or the ability to qualify
To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem, and possess the ability to teach basic skills.
Reports To: Athletic Director and/or Principal
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules with the Athletic Director the regular program of practice in season (including holiday or vacation periods).
- Works closely with the Athletic Director in scheduling interscholastic contests.
- Recommends purchase of equipment, supplies and uniforms as appropriate.
- Maintains and completes necessary attendance forms, insurance records, accident reports and similar paperwork.
- Oversees the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Establishes written rules and regulations in consultation with the Athletic Director and/or principal, for distribution to all squad members prior to the start of the season.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and imposes penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Provides for the orderly distribution and collection of all athletic equipment.
- Evaluates assistant coaches and program and submit written reports to the Athletic Director at the conclusion of their season.
- Conforms to the rules and regulations as stated in the coaches manual and/or teachers manual.
- Performs such other duties as are consistent with the nature of the position and as may be requested by the Athletic Director and/or principal.
In accordance with the Agreement Between the Cheshire Board of Education and the Education Association of Cheshire.