Nutrition Outreach Coordinator
NUTRITION OUTREACH COORDINATOR - Start Date: August 1, 2012
The Needham Public Schools is seeking a Registered Dietitian to fill the new position of Nutrition Outreach Coordinator. This person will work out of the NPS Adminstration Building, and at all 8 schools to promote nutritious eating habits to students, and to assist the Nutrition Service Director with maintaining, disseminating, and promoting up-to-date nutrition information to students, parents, and staff.
Functions and Duties of the Position:
- Training and education of students and staff regarding Meal Patterns and State Nutrition Standards for Competitive Foods
- Evaluate, coordinate, and implement nutrition promotion programs
- Assist Nutrition Service Director with recipe development and menu planning
- Data entry into Nutrikids regarding menus, menu items, recipes, and ingredients
- Serve on district School Wellness Advisory Council
- Market Nutrition Service programs (information to parents, the public, etc)
- Interact with students at mealtime to encourage trying new foods, and develop nutritious eating habits, and why
- Potential program development regarding Student Advisory Councils and parent focus groups
- Train and work with Nutrition Service staff regarding district-wide consistency with food presentation
- Collaborate with Nutrition Service Director, Wellness Director, Director of Nursing, Principals, etc to develop programs which support education and promote nutrition and Wellness
- Maintain student allergy and ingredient information
- Opportunities for position development are endless!
Abilities & Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree; Registered Dietitian or RD eligible
- Excellent working knowledge of general nutrition
- Demonstrated knowledge of food values and principles of food preparation
- Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills
- Sanitation certification preferred. If not, will take ServSafe course and exam
- Open mindedness + "kid-friendly"
This is 190 day position, with an individual service contract.
Salary commensurate with experience. Entry level candidate would be $22 / hour.
All resumes will be screen and selected candidates will participate in an initial interview process. The top 2 candidates will participate in a "Meet and Greet" with other district leaders before final selection. The closing date is July 6, 2012. Interviews will begin the week of July 10, 2012.
Please apply online: www.generalasp.com/needham/onlineapp
Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, license and transcripts have been attached to your online application.
It is the policy of the Needham Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, age, or disability in its education programs, services, activities or employment practices. The Needham Public School System is a member of METCO, Empowering Multicultural Initiatives (EMI) and the Greater Boston School Human Resources Network. Candidates who have a strong commitment to active anti-racism are encouraged to apply.