Part-Time Kindergarten Teaching Position
ANTIOCH COMMUNITY CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL DISTRICT # 34
964 SPAFFORD STREET
ANTIOCH, IL 60002
Phone (847) 838-8401 Fax (847) 838-8404
Notification of Teaching Opportunity
Part-Time Kindergarten Teacher
Antioch District #34 is currently seeking a Part time Kindergarten Teacher for the upcoming 2012/2013 school year. Salary based upon training and experience per teacher salary schedule. Individuals must possess valid Illinois appropriate certification.
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Experience working with primary aged students
- Knowledge of and ability to apply developmentally appropriate best practices for primary aged students
- Knowledge and experience in teaching reading using a balanced literacy approach
- Practical knowledge of current assessment techniques
- Ability to establish, maintain, and promote a classroom environment conducive to learning
- Ability to plan and work collaboratively with peers
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to participate on school committees for the general improvement curriculum and instruction
- Demonstration of a personal commitment to teacher collaboration and continuous professional growth
An outstanding candidate for this position is a professional who:
Demonstrates success working as a flexible, contributing, and collaborative member of a team of professionals
Shows enthusiasm, flexibility, initiative, and the ability to accept change
Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to learning
Promotes and maintains appropriate student behavior
Assists in building duties in a collaborative manner
Willingly participates on committees to develop and improve curriculum
Actively pursues continual professional growth and is committed to our vision of making our school a place of excellence
Interested applicants should complete an online district application form (available at www.antioch34.com). Please do not mail or email the school or Principal’s directly, only online applications will be looked at.
Antioch School District 34
800 North Main St.
Our Mission: To educate our children to become life-long learners by providing a child-centered curriculum that challenges the potential of all learners.
Antioch School District 34, a pre K-8 district, is nestled in the midst of the popular Chain of Lakes area in Lake County, with roots that are part farming and part resort. Midway between Milwaukee and Chicago, the Antioch district draws families who want the advantage of employment and cultural opportunities offered by these two metropolitan cities, but desire a small town atmosphere to call home.
The Antioch Community Consolidated School District 34 serves 3,100 students from Antioch and parts of the surrounding communities of Lake Villa and Lindenhurst. It is comprised of four elementary schools and one middle school, all of which are accredited.
With over 200 certified staff, Antioch District 34 is dedicated to the continual improvement o student achievement. The district is governed by a 7 member Board of Education who are elected by the public and serve without compensation.
All jobs from Antioch School District 34