General Description of Position:
Responsible for program development in the area of speech and language including evaluation, development of goals and objectives, and planning and implementing individual and group sessions for students with speech and language impairments in the Calhoun Intermediate School District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the student's developmental speech and language level (students 0-26 years with mild to severe range).
- Plan and implement individual education programs (IEP) to develop the speech and language of those students identified as Speech and Language Impaired.
- Complete and present a written evaluation report to parents/guardians and the local educational agency within required timelines.
- Report and interpret the speech and language service delivery to parents, teachers, and others serving the student.
- Provide consultation to teachers, parents, and others as appropriate.
- Develop goals and objectives based upon student needs.
- Participate/coordinate IEPT and MET meetings as appropriate.
- Consult with other personnel including teachers, principals, other ancillary staff, and parents to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain appropriate records, reports, and procedures including, but not limited to, lesson plans, behavioral data and student progress on IEP goals/objectives.
- Travel to meet job requirements.
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences as appropriate.
- Provide training (professional development) for staff and parents as appropriate.
- Provide prereferral consultation.
- Use various software packages for communication and documentation purposes.
- Complete Medicaid and other reporting as required
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain regular consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Adhere to district health and safety procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Adhere to board policies.
Education and/or Esperience:
Applicant must possess a Master Degree or higher or equivalent.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with SB endorsement and/or
- Clinical Competency Certificate (CCC), or
- Qualifies for a full-year or emergency permit (which means the candidate has a Master Degree in speech and language impaired, but has not completed the Clinical Fellowship Year)
Salary: Contingent upon experience and contract in effect.
Only those candidates that provide the requested information will be considered.
- Provide a resume and letter of interest including a review of relevant experience.
- With your letter of interest you must provide photographic evidence of meeting the minimal qualifications, i.e., copies of diplomas, educational transcripts, certifications and licensure.
- Current letters of reference (at least one letter of reference must be submitted).
- Materials received from applicants after the deadline will not be considered.
- Internal applicants are equally responsible for providing all requested information. Calhoun Intermediate School District will not retrieve or copy information from your personnel file. It is the applicant's sole responsibility and if necessary the person should make the needed arrangements in order to review their personnel file and obtain any copies to include with their letter of interest and resume.
Application Deadline: July 2, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. (Internal Candidates)
Open Until Filled (External Candidates)
The Calhoun Intermediate School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.