(1.0 FTE) Learning Coordinator (Student Services)
Available: 2012-2013 school year
Closes: until filled
The mission of North Shore School
District 112, a community partnership committed to a world-class education, is
to nurture every child to become an inspired learner, a well-rounded individual
and contributing member of a global community by striving for excellence within
an environment that fosters innovation, respect, engagement and intellectual
The North Shore School District 112, a progressive K-8 district of 4,400 students located in the north suburban Chicago area, is seeking a Learning Coordinator for the 2012-2013 school year.
Learning Coordinators are ten month positions that report to the Assistant Superintendent for Student Services.
• Facilitating Multidisciplinary Conferences/Individualized Education Plans, Annual Review, Child Study and Problem Team meetings.
• Designing effective behavior management, intervention and assessment plans, with expertise in the area of Functional Behavioral Assessment.
• Developing individualized programs for children with special needs.
• Designing and implementing learning and teaching strategies to enhance differentiation of instruction.
• Modifying expectations, activities, curricula and materials.
• Providing legal information.
• Formal training and in-service of parents and district staff, including but not limited to: the Problem Solving Model, leading Tier Three Data Day processes at each of their assigned schools, Crisis Prevention and Intervention (CPI) training, behavior management, RTI, IDEA, etc.
• Assisting buildings in development of School Improvement Plans that incorporate students with special needs.
• Assisting with the development of comprehensive staff development plans regarding special needs students.
• Assisting buildings with determination of appropriate options on the educational continuum.
• Assisting with the supervision of special education and related support staff.
• Assisting with conflict resolution and problem solving.
• Assisting building teams with best allocation of district resources.
• Working with building teams on expanding and redefining roles.
• Working with building personnel to acquire resources and services, e.g. grants, specialized evaluations, community service support.
• Supporting buildings in facilitating inclusive environments.
• Sharing current best practices.
• Help support the District New Teacher Mentoring Program.
Certification: Type 75 administrative certification and special education certification in the state of Illinois. Proven record of instructional leadership: knowledge of curriculum and instruction, including a strong background in all aspects of special education; excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff, students and parents; comprehensive knowledge of assessment programs and school improvement; successful administrative or teaching experience; ability to be part of an effective management team; strong skills in technology and ability to work well in a professional community with high expectations for its students and schools.
Apply on line by completing the on line application and uploading support materials. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR E-MAILS.
The administrator will review on line applications and supporting materials and the administrator will call individuals in for interviews. After initial interviews, candidates meet with the Executive Director for Personnel Services who may recommend the individual for hire by the Board of Education.
Regionally competitive compensation package including
fully paid TRS and other excellent benefits in a 10 month administrative
The North Shore School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
North Shore School District 112
1936 Green Bay Rd.
Please visit: http://prezi.com/13817/
North Shore School District 112
Located off the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan just 25 miles north of downtown Chicago, we are a public elementary district with eleven distinguished schools. Our proud tradition of providing excellence in education for the communities of Highland Park, Highwood and Fort Sheridan began more than one hundred years ago. Today, there are more than 4,400 students in our district, served by approximately 620 staff members.
Salary: $39,507 - $103,062 plus excellent benefits including full individual health and dental insurance paid for by the Board of Education, TRS Retirement Pension Service Credit, paid sick, personal, religious and bereavement leave, and other benefits.
Apply on line by completing the on line application and uploading support materials.
The principal and/or selection team will review on line applications and supporting materials and the principal and/or selection team will call individuals in for interviews. After initial interviews, candidates meet with the Assistant Superintendent for Personnel Services who may recommend the individual for hire by the Board of Education.
All jobs from North Shore School District 112