DEADLINE FOR INTERNAL BIDS: 7/3/12 at 3:30 p.m.
POSITION: Special Education Building Paraprofessional
LOCATION: John Glenn Middle School
SCHEDULE: 6 hrs/day, 5 days/wk
STARTING DATE: 9/4/12, with staff development opportunities during the week of 8/27/12
WORK YEAR: 2012-2013 student contact days
SALARY: Per Paraprofessional Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
FRINGE BENEFITS: Per Paraprofessional Master Agreement (may be viewed at www.isd622.org)
- Two years of college or equivalent;
- Personal Care Assistant (PCA) Training -- must be completed online prior to first student contact day;
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Training -- will be provided by special services on designated dates;
- Able to lift 50 pounds and able to restrain students in emergency situations.
1. CPR and First Aid Training;
2. Special Education Paraprofessional Training;
3. Experience working with students with disabilities;
4. Good written and verbal communication skills;
5. Must be able to work one-on-one with individual students and with small groups;
6. Experience working on a multi-disciplinary team;
7. Experience and/or training in behavior management.