THIS POSITION IS THE THE 2012-2013 SCHOOL YEAR
POSITION TITLE: Elementary Teacher (Grades 5)
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
1. Must hold or be eligible to hold a Colorado Teaching Certificate.
2. Bachelor’s degree or higher required from an accredited university or college.
3. Completed a state approved Teacher Preparation Program.
4. Demonstrates subject matter competency by one of the following means:
· Passes the Elementary Place or Praxis test.
· Pass the Veteran Teacher HOUSSE, held a license on or before July 1, 2006 and has had one or more years of completed teaching experience.
1. Demonstrated knowledge and skill regarding the components of effective instruction.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of content and teaching methods in area(s) of teaching assignment.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of developmental needs of students.
4. Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
5. Evidence of ability to establish and maintain effective, cooperative relationships with school personnel, students and parents.
6. Demonstrated understanding and empathy necessary for working with students.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND ATTENDANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 Instructional Planning
· Plan instruction consistent with the district-approved curriculum for assigned subject area(s)/grade level(s).
· Use formal and informal methods to assess the abilities and needs of students.
· Plan effective use of class time.
2. Instructional interaction (teaching)
· Apply principles of teaching/learning to enhance student achievement.
· Utilize teaching methods that are appropriate for the objectives and learners.
· Modify instruction to meet student needs.
· Communicate effectively with learners.
· Provide for and maintain student involvement during instruction.
3. Evaluation of instruction.
· Use the evaluation of student outcomes to measure the effectiveness of instruction.
· Communicate effectively student progress to student and parent/guardian.
4. Instructional management.
· Attend to tasks in a manner that maximizes instruction.
· Maintain necessary student records.
· Assist in planning for appropriate use of volunteers/aides as assigned.
5. Learning Environment
· Establish clear expectations for appropriate behavior.
· Establish consequences for inappropriate behavior.
· Establish conditions under which students exercise self-discipline, honesty, leadership and citizenship.
6. Professional Responsibilities
· Participate in professional growth opportunities.
· Adhere to the code of ethics of the teaching professional of the State of Colorado.
· Recognize problems and actively contribute to their resolutions.
· Collaborate with others to fulfill responsibilities related to building and district goals and priorities.
· Demonstrate a concern for students’ health and safety.
· Stays within department budget.
· Accept and fulfill assigned responsibilities and duties in a prompt and efficient manner.
· Follow Board of Education policies, building procedures and any other rules, regulations or procedures that may be established by the District or Building administrations.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned by the building principal in accordance with District Policies.