Newcomer Center Family Liaison - 7 hours per day
Closes: When Filled
Robert Stuart Middle School
To assist refugee students and families in their transition process into American culture, the Twin Falls School District and community, and the Newcomer Center. To monitor the students attendance, participation, and achievement while they are enrolled in the Newcomer Center and after they are transferred to their home school. Facilitate parent orientation meetings, parent and student tours, the registration process, and other needs
that may arise.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated reading, writing, communication ability
- Computer application skills
- Thorough knowledge of the geographic area
- Transportation available for home, school visits
- Two years of college level training in counseling and community relations. Experience working with refugee students and families.
Employment is contingent upon board approval and successful completion of federal background check and drug-free workplace pre-employment screening.