General Description Of Position:
Implement educational and behavioral programs for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Plan and implement all aspects of programming and instruction for students based on their educational needs.
- Evaluate student performance using formal and informal assessment activities.
- Determine specific student needs and develop IEPs with parents and other personnel.
- Develop and implement behavioral classroom structures and behavioral programs for students, including positive behavior interventions and behavior intervention plans.
- Plan and carryout classroom activities, community-based instruction and other related educational experiences.
- Consult and coordinate instruction, behavioral management and other appropriate student services with other personnel who serve students with disabilities.
- Prepare and maintain lesson plans and documentation of student performance.
- Assist with planning curriculum, lessons and teaching methods.
- Evaluate, assess and screen students.
- Planning to meet individual students and program needs.
- Establish and maintain appropriate records, reports and procedures including, but not limited to, lesson plans, behavioral data and student progress on IEP goals/objectives.
- Provide direction and information to teacher assistant(s).
- Travel to meet job requirements.
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences.
- Participate/coordinate IEPT and other meetings as requested/required.
- Provide staff development and parent/guardian training as appropriate.
- Participate in IEPT, MET and other meetings as appropriate.
- Use various software packages for communication and documentation purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Adhere to district health and safety procedures.
- Adhere to Board policies.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience:
- Applicant must meet Michigan Department of Education requirements for full/temporary approval as a Teacher of the Autistic Impaired or be willing to return to school to obtain the proper credentials.
- ZA endorsement required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with:
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with AI endorsement (or be willing to obtain it);
- ZA endorsement.
Only those candidates that provide the requested information will be considered.
- Provide a resume and letter of interest including a review of relevant experience.
- With your letter of interest you must provide photographic evidence of meeting the minimal qualifications, i.e., copies of diplomas, educational transcripts, certifications and licensure.
- Current letters of reference.
- Materials received from applicants after the deadline will not be considered.
- Internal applicants are equally responsible for providing all requested information. Calhoun Intermediate School District will not retrieve or copy information from your personnel file. It is the applicant's sole responsibility and if necessary the person should make the needed arrangements in order to review their personnel file and obtain any copies to include with their letter of interest and resume.
Application Deadline: July 2, 2012, at 4:00 p.m. (Internal)
Open Until Filled (External)
The Calhoun Intermediate School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.