THIS POSTING IS NOT FOR A SPECIFIC VACANT POSITION.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REVIEWED AS POSITIONS BECOME AVAILABLE
PRIOR TO AND DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR.
This position is responsible for large-group student
supervision during the lunch/recess period at elementary
buildings and during the lunch period at secondary
buildings. Implementation of positive and consistent
expectations will provide both emotional and physical safety to
each individual student.
Positions are typically two to three hours per day; late
morning to early afternoon; current rate of pay is
Primary Job Functions:
- Familiarize students with and enforce a set of appropriate
and expected behavioral guidelines and consequences for lunch
- Develop and maintain positive relatinships with
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all
- Wash lunchroom tables and provide general clean up between
lunch periods and after the last lunch period each day.
- Escort students to lunchroom, restrooms, lockers and nurse's
office, as necessary.
- Provide on-site conflict resolution, referring incidents to
building administration for attention.
- Maintain a high level of fairness, confidentiality, respect
and equity for all students, staff and families.
Elementary Building Specific:
- Daily supervision of outside recess activities.
- Direct safe movement of groups of students to and from
recess area, which may include walking through parking and bus
- Encourage students to engage in appropriate recess
activities, recommend activities as necessary.
- Ensure play equipment is used safely and notify building
principal of any equipment in need of repair.
- Maintain a marmonious and all-inclusive atmosphere for
students during the lunch and recess periods.
Secondary Building Specific:
- Monitor and record student behavior in accordance with
standards set forth by building administration.
- Provide other student and area supervision as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to meet Highly Qualified status as defined by
- Competencies as required by the State of MN, Federal
government and/or District 833
- Ability to pass fitness for duty test.
- Ability to establish guidelines of behavior and to enforce
consequences in a consistent manner.
- Ability to supervise large groups of students.
- Ability to model appropriate behavior, neat appearance and
proper grammar usage.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of youth.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Physical demands: Consistent standing, use of vision,
frequent walking, reaching and bending, lifting/carying up to 40
lbs, loud noises; occasional sitting, stooping,
stretching/reaching, computer use.