Research Specialist (226 Days) REVISED POSITION
Closes: until filled
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in Economics, Data Research, Marketing, Communication or related field and two years of professional work experience
- Ability to work on an individual basis and have the tenacity and attention span to discover and interpret various amounts of data to discern what is truly relevant and valuable to meet the needs of high level projects
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision; tact, diplomacy and flexibility
- Superior verbal communication and relationship skills with strong customer-service orientation
- Skills in written communication, oral presentation, and program planning and organization
- Experience in corporate or nonprofit environments is a plus
Conduct extensive research and develop high level inferences for marketing and communications projects
- Collect, synthesize and present information related to public education, demographics, academics, etc.
- Design comprehensive surveys for district administration using sophisticated survey software and compile survey data into executive reports
- Manage design and maintenance of online surveys and relational databases
- Review legal documents and open records requests
- Research innovative leverage points for the systemic workings of the community relations department
- Follow and track communal two-way dialogue mediums throughout the district to assist with internal and external issues management
- Prepare print documents, web pages, and other graphics using Word, Dreamweaver, and illustration packages.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions
- Write and edit correspondences and publication materials
- Provide administrative support to the chief of Communications
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$39,339 $53,170 $67,000
Selected individuals for Dallas Independent School District positions will be placed according to compensation guidelines. A campus-based employee may not assume a new position for which he/she was selected based upon the posting process until the end of the current semester, unless approved by the executive director – Human Resources.
A security check and disclosure of family relationship information is required for all positions.
No telephone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/H