||Open Until Filled|
|LENGTH OF WORK YEAR:
Organize and manage the routine work activities of an administrative department office and provide clerical services to the department head and other staff members.
TEA certification requirements
High School Graduate or GED
Ability to type 45 words per minute (60 or more words per minute is preferred)
Course work in typing, shorthand, bookkeeping and general business practices preferred
Extensive experience in performing stenographic and clerical work
A thorough knowledge of modern business practices and procedures and of business English, Spelling and Commercial terminology
An extensive knowledge of the operations, functions, and general scope of authority of the School Administration and School Board
The ability to handle delegated administrative details
The ability to write clear and concise memoranda, directives, or letters without close supervision
The ability to carry out instructions and develop comprehensive plans with a minimum of supervision
The ability to meet the public in a pleasant composed cordial manner, and to speak clearly and effectively
The ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with all district employees as well as the general public
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Receives visitors, ascertains the purpose of the visit, attends to visitors’ business or refers him/her to the proper person or office.
- Maintains effective public relations with the general public.
- Provides superior clerical and stenographic assistance.
- Keeps informed on local and state laws, rules and regulations, explains applicable regulations and policies to appropriate persons.
- Reviews incoming and outgoing correspondence, memoranda, reports and similar materials for the purpose of summarizing and/or referring to proper persons.
- Prepares correspondence, memoranda, forms, requisitions, and other records.
- Maintains records in an efficient manner.
- Calls on substitutes when teachers are out.
- Sorts campus and regular mail.
- Performs necessary bookkeeping functions such as simple statement analysis, appropriate records for banking operations, bookkeeping systems, etc., if needed.
- Keeps student data current as directed.
- Keeps up with payroll on a daily basis for personnel if needed.
- Orders supplies for students, teachers and the office.
- Types purchase orders, receives and checks out materials.
- Maintain of all office equipment to be maintained and or serviced.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner to avoid injury to oneself and/or to others.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Typewriter, computer, printer, copier, fax machine, calculator, telephone and shredder
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Maintain emotional control under stress, repetitive hand motions, prolonged use of computer
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Signature of Employee Date
The Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, military status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.