Special Ed - Intellectual Disabilities Level II
- Iowa teaching license required
- K-6 Instructional Strategist II: MD
- Special Education teaching experience and computerized IEP experience preferred
- Experience with co-teaching preferred
- Experience with curriculum adaptations for students with disabilities
- TEACCH Training preferred
- Effective classroom management skills
- Social skills training preferred
- Experience with Alternate Assessment preferred
- Experience working with diverse population
- Experience working with at-risk students
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to indoor and outdoor conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently walk, stoop, bend, and sit. The noise level in the work environment ranges from mild to loud.
The Sioux City Community School District exists to educate students to believe in their talents and skills, achieve academic excellence and succeed in reaching their potential.
We are proud that more than 58 percent of our teachers and administrators have masters, specialist, or doctorate degrees. We are a progressive organization that is considered a leader in education. Every effort will be made to recruit the most qualified candidates for all position within the District. We recognize that diversity is an asset to be valued and will strive to encourage diversity among our workforce.
Sioux City serves as the regional hub for business, employment, industry, retail trade, medical care, educational opportunities and tourism in Northwest Iowa, Southeast South Dakota, and Northeast Nebraska. More than 140,000 people live in the tri-state metropolitan area. To learn more about our city visit http://www.sioux-city.org/.
Interested applicants must complete an on-line application.