Simsbury Public Schools is accepting applications for a Computer Repair Technician commencing as soon as possible. Position is 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Salary Range: $49,583 - $51,583. Unaffiliated benefits apply. Please complete on-line application and upload cover letter, resume, transcripts, and reference letters. Position Open Until Filled. Job Description Below
SIMSBURY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TITLE: Computer Repair Technician
1. 2+ Years experience troubleshooting PC hardware and software problems.
2. Knowledge of computer troubleshooting techniques
3. Experience installing and supporting MS Windows 98, 2000, and XP operating system software.
4. Experience loading and supporting MS Office Suite, and other software.
5. Experience installing peripherals including driver configuration and software.
6. Ability to lift a 17” (CRT) Monitor and carry short distances.
7. A valid US drivers license
8. Reliable transportation to travel between buildings
9. Microsoft and/or Compatia (A+) certification preferred
REPORTS TO: Director of Systems Technology
JOB GOAL: To assist the director in the configuration, maintenance, and repair of all end-user technology.
1. Setup, repair, and maintain end-user computer hardware, software, and peripherals throughout the school district.
2. Replace faulty components of computers and computer peripherals such as printers.
3. Assist the staff with their use of technology
4. Work with suppliers or contractual services that support repair activities.
5. Assist with the maintenance of the district computer-related equipment inventory.
6. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Non-affiliated, full-time position with salary to be established by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in accordance with Board policy on evaluation of personnel.
Approved by: _____________________________________ Date: ______________________
Reviewed by: _____________________________________ Date: ______________________