Contracted through Education Service Center of Lake Erie West
Salary $17,321.70 per school year
181 days - 6.5 hours per day
a valid driver's license and BCII/FBI clearance
a minimum of LPN with medical certificate.
3. Posses CPR
and First Aide certification
4. Able to
get along with staff, public, etc; be courteous, polite and considerate.
5. Professional tact, diplomacy and
presentation with administrators, staff, teachers,
students, parents and the community.
5. Conscientious and assumes
responsibility for own work performance.
6. Demonstrate appropriate dress and
attire for a business office setting.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
and other office software
8. Posses certification or be willing to
be trained in CPR and AED equipment operation.
9. Must be physically able to lift up to
10. Negative TB test
11. Clearance through the Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
12. Be in good health, have high moral character and posses a strong attendance record.
13. Demonstrate enthusiasm and a sincere desire to aid all students.
Description: The Health Aide provides
health services to students using the application of basic knowledge of the
biological, physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences in coordination
with the district school nurse.
1. Works within the legal framework by
adhering to the Ohio Nurse Practice Act..
2. Collaborates with the school nurse and
building principal to meet health care needs of students.
3. Maintains the computerized school
health records and incorporates pertinent information as necessary.
responsibility for student medications as the designee of the principal.
protocol for distribution of student medications.
6. Maintains records for all student
medications and clinic visits.
in the control of communicable and nuisance diseases by adhering to
immunization requirements and exclusions policies.
8. Participates in multi-factored
evaluations as designated by the Department of Pupil Services.
9. Participates in health screening
programs as designated by the Department of Pupil Services.
10. Serves as a resource person in regard
to school health education.
11. Assists with routine clerical work,
12. Participates in professional
development and assumes responsibility for maintaining a current Ohio license
13. Conduct other duties related to the
health aide’s duties as assigned by the Director of Pupil Services and/or
14. Maintain respect at all times for
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
as a role model for students in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as
responsible, intelligent human beings.
instill in students the belief in and practice of ethical principles and
3. Conduct other duties related to the
receptionist’s duties as assigned by Principal, School Nurse, or Director of
4. Be fully trained and able to train
others in emergency response procedures.
Additional Working Conditions:
exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue.
operation of a vehicle in inclement weather conditions.
interaction among unruly children.
The employee shall remain free of any
alcohol or nonprescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout
his/her employment in the District.