Projected Vacancy - Science Teacher
Battle Creek Area Mathematics and Science Center
PROJECTED Vacancy Internal/External Posting
Position: Biology, Chemistry, and/or Physics Instructor
This is a projected vacancy for the 2012-2013 school year.
Location: Battle Creek Area Mathematics and Science Center
Start Date: August 2012
Salary: BCEA Teacher Salary Schedule
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with Biology, Chemistry or Physics endorsement required.
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with additional Computer Science is preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry or Physics with demonstrated research skills in a technical discipline is preferred (publications a plus).
- Documented proof of ability to meet requirements for teaching in a secondary Science classroom as defined by the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act is required.
- Experience with computer applications for enhancing instruction required.
- Experience in teaching general Biology, Chemistry or Physics as well as Advanced Biology, Bioethics, Biotechnology, Environmental Biology, Genetics, Analytical Chemistry, Food Science, AP Physics or Astronomy is required.
- Positive, team-oriented individual with excellent communication skills is required.
- Classroom experience of three years or more preferred.
- Business & Industry experience preferred.
Contract: 188 Work Days
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]--> <!--[endif]-->
Organizational Relationships: Reports to the Director of the Battle Creek Area Mathematics and Science Center
Deadline Date: As soon as possible
All Internal and External interested and qualified candidates are to complete the External on-line application at www.battlecreekpublicschools.org/departments/humanresources under "view all open positions" and click "Apply". Included with the on-line application, candidate must electronically submit a completed, updated resume, up-to-date college transcripts listing all graduate and undergraduate courses, proof of certification(s) and a letter addressing all the items under “Qualifications”.
SCHOOL SAFETY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will be subject to a fingerprint and background check as a condition of employment. All fees required for this check (estimated $64.00) will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
The Battle Creek Public School District is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, handicap, sex, age, religion, national origin, weight, height, or marital status in its employment practices.