(Closing date has been moved forward to July 8th- Interviews are being tentatively scheduled for July 12th)
TITLE: Associate Principal
1. Meet Administration Certification requirements of the Department of Education, State of Iowa, including evaluator approval.
2. Knowledge/Experience as a middle school educator.
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
All staff and students
To provide leadership in developing and maintaining educational programs and services.
1. Assumes responsibility for behavior, discipline, and attendance of students.
2. Serves as a liaison between staff and principal.
3. Assists in the preparation of schedules and assignments for staff and students.
4. Serves as acting principal during the absence of the principal.
5. Assists the principal in the improvement of educational programs.
6. Coordinates reports requested by the principal.
7. Participates in the supervision of instruction and evaluation of staff.
8. Coordinates special activities, field trips, programs, and building utilization.
9. Regularly inspects facilities and brings maintenance and cleaning problems to the attention of the head custodian.
10. Serves as sponsor for student government.
11. Assists the principal in developing and maintaining the students’ and teachers’ handbooks.
12. Is responsible for the supervision of school facilities and assigned student activities.
13. Maintains effective relations with parents and community groups; interprets the goals, objectives, and programs of the school to parents and the community.
14. Assists in the organization and coordination of staff meetings.
15. Represents the school to external groups, accreditation agencies, Department of Education, and others as needed or directed.
16. Assists in the preparation and maintenance of attendance and other records required by Administration, the Board of Education, and Department of Education, and submits required reports on a timely basis.
17. Participates in state educational activities as they relate to the betterment of education for students and staff alike.
18. Interprets Board of Education and central office policies and procedures to staff; represents staff concerns and needs affecting the operation of school to Administration.
19. Maintains an effective parent-teachers' conference process and other programs which deal with parents and the school such as open houses, back-to-school night, etc.
20. Develops and maintains an effective level of communication with appropriate personnel.
21. Maintains a continuing program of staff development and training to develop a competent workforce.
22. Performs other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Superintendent or Principal.
Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Eleven month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board Policy on Evaluation of Administrative Personnel.
Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunity and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices. The District will affirmatively recruit women and men, members of diverse racial/ethnic groups, and persons with disabilities for job categories where the representative groups are underrepresented.
Smoking is prohibited on Ankeny Community School District property