Assignment/Hours: School-year; not to exceed 200 hours
Compensation: Pay Grade 4; not less than $16.31 per hour based on 2011-2012 pay scale;
2012-2013 pay scale not yet determined; no benefits
Reports to: Speech and Theatre Department Chair
This position requires regular attendance and contributions in the Discussion and Debate course, which covers Public Forum, Student Congress, Lincoln-Douglas Debate, and Individual Events.
1. Experience as speech and debate instructor/participant in any of the following debate strands: Public Forum Debate, Congressional Debate, Individual Events, Policy Debate, and/or Lincoln-Douglas Debate.
2. Ability to deliver classroom instruction under the direction of certified staff.
3. Ability to guide and develop student growth in the areas of performance, research, and competitive strategy.
4. Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively.
1. Assist with the delivery of classroom instruction under the direction of certified staff. Areas of instruction may include:
a. Elements of argumentation
c. Individual student speaking skills
d. Work with all levels of students and experience levels
e. Producing evidence
f. Self critique and reflection
g. Team philosophy and personal integrity
h. Mentoring less experienced students
2. Serve as Assistant Coach in at least one speech and debate strand.
3. Attend Speech and Debate program meetings as required by the Director of Forensics or Head Coach.
4. Attend Speech and Theatre Department meetings as required by the Department Chair/Coordinator.
5. Contribute to discussion regarding the development and implementation of classroom curriculum and assessment.
6. Contribute to discussion regarding team and event assignments, tournament attendance and scheduling, and student assessment.
7. Produce materials for class and tournament use.
8. Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair.