JOB CODE: 7040
SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
DATE: April 8, 2011
The assistant principal assists the building principal in all facets of school operations, student assessment programs, and monitoring of school budgets/expenditures. This position also assumes responsibility for functions of the building principal in his/her absence. This position also administers the student personnel program and counsels students relative to educational and co-curricular activities.
Certified and non-certified staff as designated by the principal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implements student personnel policies and coordinates activities with the policies of the Board of Education in regards to attendance, discipline, and achievement.
2. Interviews students, parents, and staff to take necessary action in cases of truancy, delinquency, course failure, and/or discipline concerns.
3. Monitors student achievement data and institutes and/or implements adjustments in curriculum/instructional delivery.
4. Completes documentation and reports as needed to fulfill Federal, State, and District mandates in a timely manner.
5. Assumes responsibility for functions of building principal in his/her absence.
6. Assumes any other duties as may from time to time be delegated by the building principal and the building principal may make any adjustment in the scope of responsibilities as outlined above.
7. All actions must be in concert with the mission statement, beliefs, objectives, and parameters found in the strategic plan of the Rockford Board of Education.
Master’s Degree and Type 75 Certificate. Other proper certifications in accordance with the Illinois School Code are required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position requires substantial knowledge and skills relating to the duties and responsibilities identified above; also the ability to work in a multi-racial organization ensuring equity with a diverse client population. Basic knowledge of computers and current technology is needed.
Master’s degree; Experience in public school administration; Proven record of providing equity in a public agency or school leadership; Management and leadership skills are adaptable to public relations, human relations, equity principles and planning capability.
LENGTH OF WORK: 12 months
Applicants do not have to complete a vacancy form for this position.