Current employees—please refer to Custodial Bargaining Unit Contract
New Hire—entry grade of $13.03/hr
Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· Closer- Vacuum Specialist
· Vacuums all areas- hard & soft surfaces
· Repositions furniture correctly
· Dust/vacuum ceiling vents
· Vacuum upholstered furniture
· Cleans restrooms in classrooms, nurse and staff
· Dust mop hallways
· Wet mopping of rooms and de-spotting carpets
· Assist with deep cleaning during break periods- stripping, scrub & recoat, cleaning restrooms, glass, and furniture.
· Removes snow.
· Minor grounds keeping
· Lawn mowing
· Assist with delivery of supplies
· Properly maintain equipment
· Report maintenance issues to Head & Lead Custodian
· Performs other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
Ability to lift & carry up to 56 lb.
Ability to climb up to an 8-ft ladder and perform custodial task ie; cleaning light fixture.
Ability to climb steps and work on uneven ground
Ability to understand and follow oral instructions.
· In addition to these specific qualifications this person must meet all the general qualifications as listed in the custodian job description of the Davenport Community School District.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)