ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide timely and courteous technology customer service including high quality written and oral communications.
- Enter and close help desk tickets efficiently, accurately and completely.
- Interface with the Technology Team regarding high priority and/or high level tickets.
- Follow up on outstanding support issues to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Assist with support for all district systems including assessment, student information, employment applications, transportation and curriculum related software.
- Assist Technology Team with large scale projects including summer maintenance.
- Assist Technology Team with documentation creation and maintenance.
- Attend professional development sessions and seminars as requested by the Director of Technology and Information Systems.
- Accurately enter orders for technology equipment and supplies
- Interface with vendors regarding ordered equipment and supplies
- Keep accurate inventory of technology supplies ensuring available stock
- Receive and inventory ordered technology related items.
- Maintain inventory information including asset tags and entry into help desk
- Assist with professional development arrangements for technology related training.
- Assist Student Information Specialist with records requests, document management and other tasks as needed.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Work productively as a team member with the Technology Team, Administrative Team, the teaching staff, classified staff and site-based teams.
- Represent the district in a professional manner, and in the best interests of the district.
- Perform additional duties and accept other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Director of Technology and Information Systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid Arizona Drivers License
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- General understanding of school district environment related to student information including enrollment and attendance
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm
- Ability to efficiently prioritize
- Some experience related to customer service particularly as related to tech support
- Ability to learn Windows, Microsoft Office and other computer programs related to systems
- Pass fingerprint/background check
- Experience with the District’s current student information system, Infinite Campus
- Some experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Able to communicate effectively with staff, students, and community members
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to address problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to type at least 45 wpm
- Attention to detail is a must
- Produce accurate work and complete assigned tasks independently, with minimal supervision
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies
- Ability to develop effective working rapport with students, staff, and community
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to use hands to handle or feel objects or controls and use a keyboard or keypad or mouse. The employee occasionally is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, and is occasionally required stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must regularly view a computer screen to input information.
The employee regularly works indoors
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Non-Exempt Status
- 12-months (260 days)
- 40 hours per week
- sick/personal and vacation leave
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Participation in Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
$12.40 - $13.29 per hour (Level 13 on 2012/2013 Support Staff Wage Schedule)
Director of Technology Services