Executive Specialist to the Executive Director, Human Resources
Educational Service Center
Hours: Full Time, forty (40) hours per week (12 month work year)
General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence,
courage and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and
engage in a lifetime of learning by performing administrative support and
assistance to the Executive Director; providing secretarial and administrative
support in the preparation of correspondence, reports, graphs, charts, and
other materials; drafts and keeps track of department expenditures and budget
balances; provides assistance and support in departmental projects such as
researching laws, making arrangements for conferences, committee meetings,
special events or receptions; edits, frames, drafts and revises documents and
materials for the District’s web site and assisting in the maintenance of the
- Tracks and monitors budget expenditures and balances
for the department.
correspondence, reports, graphs, presentational slides, and other materials.
edits and assists in the revision of correspondence and documents, as needed.
- Creates and maintains various
databases, files and records for the Executive Director.
- Organizes, plans, and makes all
arrangements for a variety of meetings, events, conferences, appointments,
training sessions, special meetings or other events typically involving the Executive
Director, department leadership and/or cabinet members.
- Screens all calls and handles a
variety of questions, issues or concerns to assist the Executive Director. Determines when it is appropriate to address
issues and questions and when issues should be submitted directly to the
researches or gathers information and data as requested.
questions and issues in State laws, MSBA manuals, web sites or historical data
to assist in preparing reports, summaries or other information requested by the
the printing and distribution of mailings, staff letters or enclosures to the
staff or public.
- Creates and maintains district mailing
lists, databases or other records.
- Performs other comparable duties of a
like or similar nature as assigned.
Letter of interest that outlines why you believe you are qualified for this position
a) EDUCATION: Associates Degree. Two years of college. Minimum of 3 years previous experience in the area of administrative support experience that includes some experience in school district administrative support functions and responsibilities.
b) SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
- Fundamentals of general office and general administrative procedures and operational requirements.
- District administrative procedures and policies.
- Laws, rules, regulations and guidelines pertaining to data privacy or other rules pertaining to the work.
- Office equipment and typical productivity software, databases or applications used within the district and their use.
- School administration functions, district organization, and services provided by school districts.
- Fundamental or office organization, records retention and records management principles and practices.
Job Type: Full-Time
Bargaining Unit: Confidential Support Specialists
Salary Range: Class III $17.75 - $23.05