Salary: Per contract
Work Year: 7/16 - 8/17/2012
Hours: M-Th, 7:12 am - 9:33 am and 1:36 pm - 3:38 pm, 4.8 hrs/day, 19.2 hrs/wk
Method of Application:
Persons interested should contact the Transportation Department, 2370 S. Milford Rd., Highland, MI 48357 for description of specific routes available.
Summary of Position:
Assisting in the educational growth of Huron Valley School students by providing safe and reliable transportation.
- Successfully pass interview for bus driver.
- Shall have significant past and/or current experience and abilities in the operation of pupil transportation vehicles.
- Successfully pass Huron Valley Schools transportation department training program.
- Classroom instruction
- Behind the wheel instruction
- Written and driving skills test
- Meet Michigan school bus driver certification requirements.
- Minimum hours of instruction
- Satisfactorily pass knowledge examination.
- Meet state requirements for appropriate licensing.
- Commercial Driver's license with B, P endorsements with air brakes
- Meet state physical examination requirements.
- Meet local, county and state standards for driving skills test.
- Meet local and state standards for driving record check.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection of your assigned vehicle as required.
- Use established routes and designated bus stops.
- Conduct emergency evacuation drills as required.
- Instruct student riders regarding safety.
- Drive defensively under varying traffic conditions and inclement weather.
- Drive with safety of students as first priority.
- Establish favorable working relationships with other drivers, maintenance personnel, bus attendants, teachers, students, principals and total school staff.
- Bus drivers shall achieve self improvement by attending training sessions, in-service and workshops conducted by Huron Valley Schools or other approved agencies.
- Operate all vehicle types in transporting students in school district.
- Identify with geographic service area of school district and routes you travel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of rules and regulations promulgated by local, state and federal agencies.
- Demonstrate knowledge of state laws and local ordinances.
- Deal with exuberant behavior characteristics of youthful riders.
- Administer disciplinary procedures in keeping with school policies.
- Be alert and exercise good judgment concerning emergencies and day-to-day operations.
- Shall be able to conduct a bus evacuation drill as required by Transportation Management.
- Keep accurate records and reports as required, submit in a legible condition, turn in at the specified time.
- Conduct yourself as a professional Huron Valley Staff Member at all times.
- Other duties as required.
A formal performance evaluation will be performed at least once per year. Informal evaluations are continuous.
All routes subject to additions, changes and to other assigned duties, such as, but not limited to, temporarily using attendants for other routes that management feels warranted.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma and/or related experience.
LANGUAGE, MATHEMATICAL AND REASONIING SKILLS: Ability to speak and write effectively. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral format and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands or arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust and focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.