Central Kitchen Manager
Closes: When Filled
Rock Springs High School
Job Title: Central Kitchen Manager
Location: Rock Springs High School
Reports To: Food Service Coordinator
Terms of Employment:
Full Time-35 hrs/week
Salary: FIII, $12.27
Nature and Scope of Job:
To organize and supervise central kitchen operation and inventory of District food, supplies and equipment.
1. Oversee the preparation of all foods for breakfast and lunch, as called for by production records and menus daily. Operates all kitchen equipment on a daily basis.
2. Organize & supervise central kitchen operation.
3. Maintain the storage and care of foods and supplies.
4. Participate in cleaning of the kitchen, equipment, serving areas, storage and cafeteria areas daily.
5. Assume responsibility for checking that all equipment and working areas in the kitchen are in safe working condition. Initiate work orders if needed.
6. Participate in proper storage of incoming food and supplies from warehouse.
7. Service vending machines; stock and balance daily.
8. Prepare and serve high school breakfast daily.
9. Schedule substitute works as dictated by needs at schools.
10. Answer phone calls and offer assistance.
11. Formulate milk order; twice a week.
12. Formulate bread and bread product orders; once a week.
13. Records all usage of food and supplies daily - production reports.
14. Record daily meal count report by schools on spreadsheet - weekly recap of district use.
15. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with students, parents and all district personnel at all times.
16. Operate Horizon POS system.
17. Assist with balancing cashiers POS terminals and process daily deposits.
18. Adapt to specific or new working situations as needed.
19. Seek appropriate additional tasks when assigned work is completed.
20. Perform any other duties as assigned by Food Service Coordinator and/or Director.
1. Inventory and order milk and products according to menu cycle and arrange delivery to coincide with pull dates.
2. Coordinate orders and delivery of food and supplies to all schools in town and outlying.
3. Rotate and stock according to pull dates to complete first-in first-out cycle.
4. Oversee locking of storeroom & warehouse daily.
5. Schedule regular maintenance on vans.
6. Coordinate departments to fill school orders daily.
7. Determine if the finished product is of best quality both in flavor and appearance before it it served.
8. Evaluate central kitchen who she/he supervises.
9. Plans work schedule for employees and assigns tasks according to menus need.
10. Supervise the daily cleaning of all kitchen equipment.
11. All other duties as assigned.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skill and Mental Ability:
Ability to complete a variety of tasks as required to maintain and control the large volume of food and supplies involved.
Ability and knowledge to complete daily order and track according to a prescribed system, which maintains accuracy of inventory.
Ability to guide managers in a positive manner when problems surface.
Use of extensive "people" skills as contact is made with all levels of people District wide on a day-to-day basis.
Use of organizational skills and ability to successfully complete job responsibilities with speed and accuracy.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience or Formal Training):
High School Diploma or equivalent
Complete yearly training to keep certified on sanitation requirements.
Complete yearly training on USDA Commodity requirements.
Fork Lift/Pallet Jack
Miscellaneous Small Equipment as dictated
Extensive lifting demands (approximately 40-75 lbs.) when receiving food and supplies and completing orders.
Physical demands are also extensive on a day-to-day basis when delivering food and supplies to schools and daily warehouse work. (approximately 40-75 lbs.)
Air-conditioned kitchen, if in central kitchen. Non air-conditioned kitchen and warehouse.
Occasional exposure to weather extremes.