PART-TIME RESIDENCY INVESTIGATOR
ADMINISTRATION OFFICE - 11 MONTH POSITION
Posting Date: July 3, 2012
Closing Date: July 18, 2012
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of school residency laws preferred
- Prior experience in conducting investigations preferred
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Valid Driver’s License
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Services and Residency Liaison/Attendance Officer
- Assist in the investigation of the legal residency of all students currently enrolled as well as those seeking to enroll in a district school and to take immediate action to disenroll those students found to be out of compliance with district enrollment/residence policies.
- Conduct surveillances and/or investigations of students reported by school officials.
- Conduct home visits of students listed on Certificate of Residency when advised.
- Conduct residency verifications for out of district special education students.
- Communicate with the Central Registration, East Hartford Town Clerk’s Office, Tax Assessors Office, East Hartford Housing Authority, landlords and other appropriate sources.
- Work collaboratively with Central Registration on all related areas when needed.
- Deliver expulsion and residency notices to parents.
- Assume such other functions as may be determined.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-time, flexible 15 hour work week, eleven-month year.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Non-Certified Staff.