Duties & Responsibilities:
Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special
· Entry Wage 2012-13,
$13.91/hr: Current secretaries with seniority please refer to the Wage
Sections of the secretary contract.
· Responsible for maintaining financial records, etc.
utilizing IFAS and Quicken accounting software. Reconcile accounts in a timely fashion.
· Responsible for the accounting and deposits of all
school funds including but not limited to collections, fines, fees,
· Responsible for resale supplies including ordering
and maintaining inventory
· Responsible for all aspects of the registration
process – serve as liaison between the building and the LIS department;
participate in and oversee the fee payments at registration, and complete the
bank deposit for each day of registration.
· Serve as Fee Manager for the building (setting up fee
codes, mass assigning service fees, applying course fees, creating and
printing fee letters several times a year, able to cross reference fees with
payments and process the payments, run ad-hoc reports, attend IC updates and
training to stay current on fees software in Infinite Campus ).
· Assist coaches and teacher with ordering needs and
providing account balances.
· Be familiar with programming the outdoor marquee sign
and assist with its updates.
· Assist with sale of parking tags for students and
· Assist with sales of dance and theatre tickets.
· Responsible for ordering start-up cash from the bank
for all home athletic events, preparing cash boxes with tickets for events,
maintaining ticket reports, and processing deposits
· Orders all supplies (including athletic letters and
certificates), forms, etc. in accordance to accounting procedures, including
athletic tickets for the Intermediate feeder school.
· Responsible for processing special fund invoices and
also initiating purchase orders when needed.
Responsible for sending receiving reports when due on purchase
orders. Responsible for processing
petty cash requests as needed if funds are available.
· Maintains a variety of fiscal information, files and
records for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail
for compliance. Monitors account
balances for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and fiscal
practices are followed.
· Prepares written materials (e.g. reports, memos,
letters, requisitions, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities,
providing written reference and/or conveying information.
· Process records files for the beginning and ending of
each school year.
· Evaluates situations (i.e. involving staff, students,
parents, the public, etc.) for the purpose of taking appropriate action
and/or directing those concerns to the appropriate office
· Willing to participate in all building and district
· Ability to work with a diverse student/family
· Must be able to work cooperatively with other office
secretary to facilitate smooth daily operation of the Activities office.
Other duties as
assigned by administrator
Physical Requirements of Position:
(HBV Yes No)
Ability to routinely lift/carry up to 25 lbs.;
occasionally lifting 50 lbs.
Ability to hear
and understand speech at normal levels in person and/or on the telephone
communicate so others will be able to clearly understand a normal
conversation in person and/or on the telephone
· Ability to operate computer, calculator, copy
machine, telephone and other office equipment with dexterity and in a safe
& efficient manner
Special Qualification Desired:
Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
Must have a high school diploma or GED
Previous experience at
the high school level preferred
Experience with IFAS,
Infinite Campus, Adhoc, Quicken, Excel, Word, Outlook and other software
confidentiality, written or spoken regarding students and staff
Must be capable to
assess needs, coordinate materials/information, develop and maintain a
timeline in an efficient manner.
ability to work independently: excellent attendance desired.