Coordinator of Emergency Planning
Closes: Until Filled
COORDINATOR OF EMERGENCY PLANNING
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Coordinator of Emergency Planning reports directly to the Director of School Security. He/she is responsible for coordinating the emergency planning and preparedness of all the schools in the district. He/she develops district-wide and school specific safety and security plans and is responsible for the coordination, implementation and maintenance of those plans.
- Law enforcement experience, along with administrative experience, related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience in emergency management coordination.
- Experience in developing school safety and security plans consistent with the requirements of the New Jersey Department of Education.
- Experience in medical emergency situations
- Demonstrate ability to develop, plan and implement related policies and procedures
- Demonstrate ability to conduct in-service training programs.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with district employees, emergency responders, community organizations and the public.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
- Coordinates the planning, development, and maintenance of school safety and security plans with the Director of School Security.
- Develops and recommends safety/ security policies, procedures, standards and directives and communicates them orally and in written form.
- Participates in the development of department goals and objectives; recommends, implements and administers policies and procedures.
- Compiles and evaluates data, prepares analysis, reports and recommendations regarding school safety and security services, performance and improvements.
- Coordinates and performs the training of all district employees regarding the district’s school safety and security plan.
- Assists the Director of School Securty in the supervision of district security officers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.