General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare all students
with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams;
contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
Position provides instruction and support in the curriculum areas for
which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and
technologies. Implement the goals and objectives of the District and the
school and/or program for which employed. Maintain contact and
communications with parents of students and work with them in the
development of each student. The instructor will design, deliver and
assess curriculum according to the district guidelines. The teacher must
be willing to participate in building leadership activities and be a
Required Qualifications: Valid Minnesota teaching license in appropriate field. General Science Licensure preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of the curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching
methods and approaches, current researched best practices and
- Considerable knowledge of students' learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and/or participate in team meetings and parent meetings.