Districtwide Physical Therapist
12 month position -5 hours per week
Salary - $61.00 per hour
The following documents must be complete and current for application to be considered for this position:
X Online Application
X Letter of Interest
X Copy of Valid Certification and/or License
X Transcripts (if applicable)
X Three Current Letters of Recommendation
X Other: Letter of interest should include background information
TITLE: Part-Time Physical Therapist
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from a school accredited by the APTA
- Have a current license to practice physical therapy in Connecticut
REPORTS TO: Director of Pupil Personnel Services
JOB GOAL: To provide physical therapy direct and consultative services to identified students with IEPs, 504 plans or IFSPs.
- Identification of referred students for eligibility.
- Individual student planning.
- Develop, provide or oversee student Interventions, including but not limited to:
· facilitation of developmental motor skills, postural awareness, ambulation, gait training, sensorimotor processing, cardiovascular functioning, wheelchair mobility, adaptation or modification of equipment, recommending and monitoring assistive equipment, prevention of deformity or disability via early intervention and transportation needs of students
- Conduct appropriate evaluation of students and prepare written reports of the evaluations and findings.
- Participate in PPT, 504 and/or IFSP meetings.
- Participate in development of IEPs, 504 plans and/or IFSPs for eligible students
- Provide direct and indirect physical therapy.
- Collaborate with other school personnel regarding physical therapy based on the individual student’s needs
- Provide carryover activities to teachers, paraprofessionals, other service providers, and parents as appropriate.
- Maintain records of services provided.
- Lift, transfer and position children and equipment as necessary to provide physical therapy
- Recommend appropriate adaptive equipment based in individual student plans.
- Supervise any assigned physical therapist assistant.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve-month year. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy for non-certified staff.