Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· New Hires: Entry Level Rate $9.69/hr. Current employees with seniority in the bargaining unit; please refer to the Salary Schedule established by the applicable bargaining unit.
· Must have excellent attendance
· Supervise autistic students in classroom, at lunch/breakfast, in the building, on field trips and at work sites.
· Accompany students to the restroom and assist in the restroom. Assist students with changing clothes and other hygiene needs.
· Accompany students to and assist them in physical education
· Accompany students to and from the bus
· Ability to work with students on classroom assignments
· Ability to accompany students to general education classes and assist with them as needed.
· Ability to manage the environment and protect students during the school day. Must be able to follow multiple behavior plans for students at the same time. Must be able to implement changes to those plans when directed and follow through for each student.
· Ability to accept direction and lead from teacher.
· Ability to model positive attitude and team cooperation for the students.
· Must be able to recognize the need for and initiate activities with students.
· Personal qualities need to include ability to nurture, patience, dependability and the ability to accept responsibility with the students.
· Need to be able to physically restrain students
· Ability to climb stairs as this is a multi level (6 floors) building on a campus of three buildings
· Ability to walk long distances in the building and out in the community
· Ability to navigate (with training) the City Bus System
· Ability to follow specific procedures in teaching new skills as directed by the teacher
· Accompany students to community and building work sites and provide instruction, supervision and behavior modification while on the site independently. Ability to do accurate data collection and graphing as guided by the teacher
· Willingness to attend additional trainings outside of the school day.
· Ability to complete necessary paperwork accurately and timely, as guided by the teacher.
· Willingness to learn skills needed to guide student in intensive teaching sessions and natural environment training.
· Must be flexible in the day-to-day schedule and flow of the classroom events and assigned tasks.
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· Ability to climb stairs.
· Licensed and able to drive a vehicle
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Willing to attend training as necessary
· Experience working with MD, Level 3 Autistic students at the High School level
· Ability to participate in extensive physical activities.
· Experience, knowledge and training in ABA/AVBA programming for students.
Experience with the following curriculums: Language Learning, Language for Thinking, Language for Writing, Murdoch