· Perform basic mechanical repairs which include but not limited to the following; oil changes, seat repair, fluid changes, window repair, minor electrical repairs, brake repairs, and filter changes.
· Must also be prepared to wash and clean buses as needed or directed by the Lead mechanic.
· Work with drivers in the mornings before scheduled bus routes and before afternoon scheduled bus routes to perform minor inspection or repairs as needed.
· Must be knowledgeable in Special Needs equipment installation, removal and repair.
· Assist Lead Mechanic in developing guidelines for uniform procedures in fueling buses, including prevention of fuel spills.
· Substitute drive as needed.
Is available to assist the Lead Mechanic as needed. This individual is able to meet all driving qualifications and requirements of the school district and the State of Kansas.
This position is a 12 month/261 day contract.
This person must be able to meet all driving qualifications and requirements of the school district and the State of Kansas, including a CDL.
District transportation facility
Transportation Director and/or Director of Operations will interview selected candidates.