July 3, 2012
Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment Administrator for Falcon Zone
$87,900 - $106,100
220 contact days
SUMMARY: Direct, plan, organize, and control all functions of the Curriculum and Instruction for the appropriate Zone assignment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements of duties, responsibilities, frequency, and percentages are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties, responsibilities, frequency, and percentages may vary depending upon building assignments and other factors.
- Supervise, mentor, and evaluate a team of administrators.
- Serve as an effective, collaborative, engaged member of Vista Ridge Innovation Zone Leadership Team.
- Coordinate the induction program for teachers new to the Vista Ridge Innovation Zone
- Supervise and evaluate a team of instructional and literacy coaches.
- Conduct school walkthrough observation visits.
- Facilitate professional learning opportunities of teachers and administrators.
- Coordinate and facilitate the curriculum adoption for the Vista Ridge Innovation Zone
- Work closely with Vista Ridge Innovation Zone Leadership Team in developing, implementing, and accounting for Unified Improvement Plan.
- Support and implement all Vista Ridge Innovation Zone policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Support the Vista Ridge Innovation Zone Oversight Board and collaborate with Falcon School District 49 Board of Education.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Master’s degree plus additional coursework required for certification or licensure.
More than three (3) years of teaching, three (3) years of building/district-level administrative experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EQUIPMENT & OTHER: Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and software, basic office equipment. Advanced written and oral communication skills, curriculum, policy and procedure, management, accounting, interpersonal relations, evaluation, negotiation and technology.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS: Colorado Department of Education Principal or Administrator License.
SUPERVISION/TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITY: No Supervisory Duties
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: May be responsible for developing, administering, monitoring and coordinating the assigned budgets and initiating requisitions.
The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk or sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. There are no specific vision abilities required by this job.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Falcon School District 49 is home to more than 15,000 students
Nine (9) elementary schools, three (3) Middle Schools, three (3) High schools, one Alternative Middle/High School and one online virtual academy
Falcon encompasses 133 sq miles of rural and suburban areas
Rapid growth in the last five years has made this district one of the fastest growing in the state
Falcon offers early childhood programs, special education inclusion, gifted and talented programs, vacational career academies
and has a working relationship with Pikes Peak Community College
For your application to be deemed completed, you must complete the following:
- Upload a copy of your valid CO principal/administrator license - or explanation as to where you are in the licensing process
- Upload full and complete transcripts beginning with your Bachelors degree - salary placement is based on education and experience. PLEASE NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon hire so please order transcripts now if you do not have official transcripts in your possession. Transcripts need not be in a sealed envelope however must be on official university/college paper. Color photocopies will not be sufficient.
- Answer all questions on the application including all disclosure questions
- Upload letter of introduction
- Upload 3 letters of recommendation
- Upload current resume
- IF you are a current D49 employee, please do not check the 'yes' box when Applitrack asks if you are a current employee. By checking the 'yes' box you will not be able to upload the required documentation outlined above.