WESTWOOD COMMUNITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
INTERNAL POSTING ONLY
POSITION TITLE: READ 180 Teacher – READ 180 Reading Program
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Qualifications
1. BA OR BX endorsement 9-12
2. State of Michigan secondary teaching certificate
3. Three years’ teaching experience
4. Successful record of teaching experience (based on formal evaluations)
5. Knowledgeable in Michigan Content Standards and Benchmarks
6. Prior experience with the READ 180 program perferred
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Plans and carries out the READ 180 Reading Program
1. Consults with classroom teachers to determine the students who need the services of the READ 180 Program.
2. Ability to administer appropriate tests to determine student’s current level of reading and student’s reading deficiencies.
3. Plans and administers READ 180 Program
4. Maintains student records in the READ 180 program.
5. Assesses formally and informally all students and disseminates the assessments to teachers and parents.
6. Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for teaching students reading.
7. Works with the classroom teacher to implement IEPs on any student in the reading program.
8. Exhibits good interpersonal human relations skills.
9. Must maintain continuous contact with parents on their child’s progress.
10. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
11. Demonstrates evidence of adaptability and problem solving.
12. Willing to learn, acquire, and apply new skills and knowledge.
13. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
14. Manages allotted learning time to maximize student achievement.
15. Other duties as assigned by the building principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Ten month school year.
· Salary to be according to the current contract with Wayne County MEA/NEA.