Isaac School District
TITLE: Administrative Assistant
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To provide administrative support to an Administrator within the district.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Develops and implements procedures, protocols and processes within the department or unit.
- Provides secretarial support such as preparing correspondence and other written documents, receives phone calls, answers questions and routes messages; schedules and prepares for meetings, processes mail, schedules appointments and keeps calendar.
- Prepares reports, maintains records, coordinates departmental activities, analyzes financial or project data, and makes recommendations.
- Organizes and completes special projects as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget and maintains budget records throughout the year. Maintains, submits and receives purchase orders and invoices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Proficient in Spanish (Reading, writing and Speaking Spanish)
Knowledge of principles and practices of office administration.
Knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Knowledge of report preparation, basic accounting and budget principles.
Knowledge of customer service techniques.
Skill in operating office equipment and computer hardware and software applications.
Skill in performing mathematical computations.
Skill in maintaining confidential information.
Skill in composing memos, letters, reports and other documents.
Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with co-workers, parents and others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma and three (3) years office experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provide the required knowledge and skills. Bilingual preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: None.
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE & COMMUNITY RELATIONS