To assist Support Services Department staff with the daily operations of the school district in the areas of finance, food services, human resources, maintenance, transportation, and the extended day program.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with co-workers, administrators, and the public.
- Ability to use discretion concerning sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Experience/training utilizing office technology including, but not limited to, phone, computer, printer, fax, copier, and scanner
- Experience/training utilizing office computer software including, but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, email, and internet applications
- Knowledge of general office practices, time management, and organizational skills
- Be eligible for or hold a valid fingerprint clearance card
- Be able to obtain or hold a current CPR and First Aid certification
- Understand and carry out assigned work with minimal supervision
- Be available between the hours of 6:00 am and 6:30 pm
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field (preferred)
- Knowledge of basic accounting practices (preferred)
- Experience working with school age children (preferred)
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable
- Input, manage, and maintain information in the Extended Day Program data bases
- Assist with managing Extended Day Program finances by monitoring budget expenditures and revenues and account reconciliation
- Prepare purchase order and invoices for the Extended Day Program
- Cross train with Extended Day Site Leaders and provide coverage and support as needed
- Attend meetings, district activities and trainings as assigned
- Assist with the recruitment, hiring, orientating, and management of on-call employees for the district
- Input, manage, and maintain information of substitute employee data bases
- Assist schools with the procurement of substitute employees and ensure adequate coverage is provided to all classrooms and positions
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff and the public
- Maintain accurate records as required by the District.
- Cross-train and work collaboratively with other team members of the Support Services Department.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, community and staff and produce high quality communiqués.
- Represent the District in a professional manner and in the best interest of the District.
- Perform additional duties and accept other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Executive Director of Support Services
Executive Director of Support Services
HOURLY RATE OF PAY:
$11.61-$12.50 (Level 12 on the 2012/2013 Support Staff Wage Schedule)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
8 hours per day (Schedule may vary depending on needs)
Health, Vision, Dental, & Life Insurance (single coverage)