Duties & Responsibilities: (Essential Functions of Position, Major Responsibilities, Summary of Key Duties, Special Assignments, Relationships)
· New Hires: Entry Level Rate $9.69/hr. Current employees with seniority in the bargaining unit: please refer to the Salary Schedule established by the applicable bargaining unit.
· Assist students with personal hygiene, nutrition, comfort and safety issues
· Provide care to students as directed or delegated by the Registered Nurse and building administrator(s)
· Perform first aid
· Prepare and administer medications as directed by the student's physician
· Monitor students for allergic reactions and follow individual health care plans or district procedures
· Respond to health related phone calls and parent questions
· Monitor and check for head lice
· Prepare and monitor health records
· Maintain daily Nurse's Log on computer
· Maintain regular communication with the building nurse
· Correspond with parents when appropriate
· Perform other health service or clerical duties as assigned by the RN or school administrator(s)
Physical Requirements of Position: (HBV Yes No)
· Must be able to physically lift, bend, squat, kneel, climb and descend stairs
· Must be able to lift, pull and push 50 lbs.
Special Qualification Desired: (Personal Qualities, Education, Skills Needed, Experience, Etc.)
· Must possess a valid driver's license and a reliable car
· Must have valid First Aid and CPR Certification
· Individuals must have or be willing to successfully obtain a Medication Administration Certificate to be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Must be willing to work with a diverse population and treat all with dignity and respect
· Please note: Therapy dog on school premises during the school day