Food Service Bookkeeper
Closes: When Filled
Job Title: Food Service Bookkeeper
Location: Central Administration Building
Reports To: Food Service Director
Terms of Employment:
10 1/2 Months/Year
Part Time, 17.5/Week
Salary: FV, $15.00
Nature and Scope of Job:
To assist in the administration of the District's Food Service business affairs, maintaining a complete and accurate set of records os as to meet local, state and federal requirements.
1. Maintains a complete and systematic set of records of all financial transactions of the Food Service Department including preparation of financial statement, income statement and cost reports to reflect the financial status of food service department.
2. Supervises daily banking and deposits from each school and subsequent financial reports.
a. Reconcile Onesource with deposits.
b. This includes daily check-outs, depositing, and receipting for each school.
c. Coordinates each days reconciliation with bank.
3. Follow up of all kitchen work orders with charges.
4. Records details of financial transactions in appropriate ledgers from such sources as daily receipts, requisitions, etc.
5. Responsible for all Food Service Accounts Payable.
a. Compiles and codes all invoices.
b. In-puts all purchase orders on computer using the AS400.
c. Calls daily on returned checks.
6. Responsible for the District's Food Service financial reports and monthly state reports that determine the amount of federal reimbursement to the District.
7. Responsible for preparing Warrants to reimburse the District for expenses paid.
8. Meets specifications for both Federal and State auditing.
9. Collection of in school bill payments & deposits, calls and returned checks.
10. Types menus.
11. Produces productions to match daily menu.
12. Meets specification for both Federal and State auditing.
13. Assists the Food Service Director as assigned.
1. Keeps current of food service operation.
2. General Office Responsibilities:
a. Maintains accurate files, records, and accounts
b. Pleasant phone manners.
c. Maintains a clean and orderly office on a daily basis.
d. Seeks appropriate additional tasks when assigned work is completed.
3. Performs any other duties assigned.
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
Possess good grammar and English usage skills
Ability to complete Federal reports.
Ability to work independently.
Ability to think clearly and calculate accurately.
Possess sound emotional judgment.
Ability to work with people of various personality types.
Ability to type accurately.
Knowledge of organization skills.
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, or Formal Training):
High school education or equivalent
Computer knowledge of Mac, IBM PC, IBook and accounting software preferred. Onesource, Excel, word access, Microsoft works, bookkeeping/accounting experience preferred.
Computers and Printer/Onesource
Various other office equipment
Lower body strength to stand and walk throughout the work day.
Upper body strength to lift 25 pounds and carry 20 feet throughout the day.
Visual acuity and stamina to work at a computer monitor throughout the work day.
Standing for at least 5% of the work day.
Walking for at least 5% of the work day.
Sitting at least 90% of the work day.
Finger strength to type for long periods of time.
Air conditioned building.
Occasional exposure to weather extremes.
Fluorescent lighting Exposure to Visual Display terminal effects on eyesight Screen glare due to lighting.
Ability to stoop and retrieve materials and supplies.
Ability to reach over head and retrieve materials and supplies.
Ability to hear ordinary conversation.