TEACHER-TUTOR, 2012-2013 School Year
(3-4 HOUR PER DAY)
1. California teaching credential authorizing service in area of assignment PRELIMINARY/CLEAR
2. Ability to work with students who are experiencing difficulty
3. Past teaching experience preferred
REPORTS TO: Administrator as assigned
JOB GOAL: To work with small groups of identified children to improve their skills
1. May be assigned to work in lab
2. Works with identified students
3. Works cooperatively with teachers, aides and curriculum specialists
4. Performs directed teaching, diagnosing and planning
5. Performs other related duties as assigned
SALARY: Salary and work year to be according to current teacher salary schedule prorated to assigned hours.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the District’s “Improvement of
Professional Services” handbook, Board Policies and Procedures and consistent with
collective bargaining agreements when applicable.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
MINIMUM APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
An online application and any documents listed below must be submitted prior to being considered:
2. Evidence of California teaching credential authorizing service in area of assignment
3. Evidence of CLAD certification
4. Two letters of recommendation
Copies of required certificates may be submitted with application. District may require that original certificate be presented for
verification prior to employment. Please check with Personnel Services regarding acceptable certificates.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to meet all application requirements and supply copies of all required documents. A separate set of paperwork is
required for each application submitted. All application materials submitted become the property of Bakersfield City School District.
The Bakersfield City School District wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Positions may
be re-advertised or application deadlines extended at the discretion of the District. Applicants will not be individually
notified of their application status.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract expressed or implied and any of the provisions contained
herein may be modified or revoked without notice.