ANTIOCH COMMUNITY CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL DISTRICT # 34
964 SPAFFORD STREET
ANTIOCH, IL 60002
Phone (847) 838-8401 Fax (847) 838-8404
Notification of Teaching Opportunity
3rd Grade Teacher
W.C. Petty Elementary School is currently seeking a full time 3rd Grade teacher for the upcoming 2012/2013 school year. Salary based upon training and experience per teacher salary schedule. Individuals must possess valid Illinois appropriate certification.
- Bachelors Degree or higher with appropriate certification
- Ability to plan, organize, and provide appropriate learning experiences for all students in accordance with state standards and district curriculum
- Ability to use diverse instructional strategies and varied methods of assessment to provide a differentiated curriculum
- Strong knowledge of balanced literacy
- Working knowledge of children’s literature and how that can be used in content areas
- Practical knowledge of current assessment techniques
- Knowledge and skills for integrating technology into instruction
- Ability to work collaboratively with grade level team and school teams
- Demonstration of strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communications skills with colleagues, parents, and administration
- Willingness to participate on school committees for the general improvement of instruction and curriculum
- Establish and maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional growth
An outstanding candidate for this position is a professional who:
· Demonstrates success working as a flexible, contributing, and collaborative member of a team of professionals.
· Shows enthusiasm, flexibility, initiative, and the ability to accept change.
· Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to learning.
· Promotes and maintains appropriate student behavior.
· Assists in building duties in a collaborative manner.
· Willingly participates on committees to develop and improve curriculum.
· Actively pursues continual professional growth and is committed to our vision of making our school a place of excellence.
Interested applicants should complete an online district application form (available at www.antioch34.com). Please do not mail or email the school or Principal’s directly, only online applications will be looked at.